Sutherland Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day 7 two hour Prequel

3 posters

Go down

Day 7 two hour Prequel Empty Day 7 two hour Prequel

Post by kieferfan13 Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:50 pm

http://www.reuters.com/article/televisionNews/idUSN0610433820080306

By Nellie Andreeva

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Jack Bauer gets to save the world in the fall, after all.

The producers of Fox's "24" are developing a two-hour "prequel" to the upcoming seventh season of the real-time thriller.

The movie, designed to bridge the two-year gap between Seasons 6 and 7, is targeted to air in the fall, leading to the show's January return.

"24" was one of the biggest casualties of the writers strike. Three days after the work stoppage began on November 5, Fox decided against airing a partial season of the serialized drama with the eight episodes produced before and during the first weeks of the walkout.

Each season of "24" is a closed arc that takes place in real time over a 24-hour period. The upcoming seventh season of the Emmy-winning series is set in Washington and features the first female U.S. president, played by Cherry Jones. Kiefer Sutherland stars as Jack Bauer, the government agent with a busy work day.

At the end of the writers strike three weeks ago, there were rumblings about a possible split of the seventh season into two parts to air in the fall and in midseason. But Fox was quick to put those rumors to rest, reiterating that the show's scheduling pattern would remain intact with a January launch.

The "24" writing team is back at work, with production on the remaining episodes of the seventh season slated to begin in April. Missing from the writers room is the series co-creator/executive producer Joel Surnow, who left at the end of the strike.

Fox and series producer 20th TV declined comment Wednesday.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

OMG OMG OMG THis is the best news yet.....SO excicint. bounce bounce cheers cheers Laughing
kieferfan13
kieferfan13
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-09-23

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Day 7 two hour Prequel Empty Re: Day 7 two hour Prequel

Post by Celia_B Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:04 pm

Very Happy Very Happy flower This makes me very happy to hear this !! I can't wait..It's to bad that Joel Surnow isn't with the production anymore. bounce bounce

Celia_B

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by kieferfan13 Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:44 am

I know its a real shame, he will be missed I am sure, but this is still exciting nonetheless
kieferfan13
kieferfan13
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-09-23

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by jacksbint Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:58 pm

I can not wait to see it! Think I'm already suffering 24 withdrawls!!!! LOL

Thanks for the news! Very Happy