Picture Perfect

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Picture Perfect

Post by wastelandinwords on Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:41 pm

Hi there! Here's the first Kiefer fic I wrote. Gotta admit I'm nervous of posting these ones here, cuz I'm scared of reactions, but if anyone wants to give it a read...here it is

It was another blazing day in Los Angeles. Alexandra Barnett was still sleeping in her penthouse suite in a luxury LA hotel. She had a schedule to keep but the previous night had taken it’s toll. She’d spent the night out working and having a good time. She never heard her alarm. It felt like just another weekend until she finally opened her eyes and looked at the clock. 10:48. Thursday. She was awake that second. Pushing the covers off her. About to attempt to get off the bed when a hangover kicked in. she fell back onto the bed again. Hissing as she pressed the tips of her fingers into her forehead. Sighing when she opened her eyes again. She couldn’t remember much. Only the name of the band. Rocco Deluca and The Burden.

She tried to remember what she had on her schedule. Being a freelance photographer, she thought she could have the schedule of her dreams. But with everything good thing comes the bad thing. She had to keep this appointment. She couldn’t remember who it was with but she knew he had a tighter schedule to keep. She couldn’t be late.

She forced herself up and off the bed. Finding her outfit ready and waiting, hanging on the bathroom door. She grabbed it and raced inside. Grabbing a bottle of perfume on the way in. having a quick shower before getting dressed. Her black strapless dress. The sandals and the two ankle bracelets.. She brushed her hair before slipping on her hat. Putting on a bit of make up before heading out of the bathroom. Grabbing her bag and racing out.

She shouted for them to hold the lift doors. Getting a chuckle from the guys inside. Laughing when they saw her reach the doors with only a centimetre of space left between them. She huffed. Shaking her head before running to the stairs. Kicking the door open. Jumping down them two at a time. Being on one of the top floors did have it’s downside. Like everything else in life. She kicked open the door at the bottom. Racing out of it as she noticed the time. Never seeing the guy in front of her. There was a hiss and a scream. Alexandra screamed as she bumped into him. The man hissing as the drink he was holding was thrown all over his shirt.

She looked down at her bag. Seeing it soaked in coffee before looking up at the guy she’d bumped into. Their eyes locking. She suddenly froze. A déjà vu popping into her head…

She was heading back to the bar. Getting another drink. Passing someone on the way over. Dirty blonde hair. Stunning blue eyes. Dressed in a shirt and jeans. The top few buttons open. Their eyes met for a split second before someone grabbed his attention. She smiled and looked away.

He smiled and kindly thanked the guy who had tapped him for the drink. Turning round to try and find her again. Seeing her heading into the crowd. He tried to follow her but every time he looked from seeing where he was going, he’d lost her

“Are you alright?” he asked. She suddenly woke up and looked at him again,
“I’m so sorry! Here, let me help you,”
“No, it’s fine. Don’t worry. You look as though you’re in a rush. Don’t want to keep you any longer,”
“Got a meeting to keep.”
“Same here. I’m a little late myself.” he chuckled, “Go on. I’ll be fine,”
“Are you sure? I’ll gladly pay for your shirt to be washed and dried cleaned,”
“Don’t worry about it. Go on,”
“Thank you. I’m so sorry,” she shouted to him as she ran out. He smiled and nodded before handing the cup to one of the staff members behind the reception desk. Turning and watching Alexandra race out of the building.

She took out her keys from her bag. Dashing over to her car. Quickly unlocking it and throwing her bag into the back before climbing inside. She slammed the door shut. Cursing herself for being so clumsy and late. She started the engine and reversed out of the space. Speeding out of the car park. Checking left and right before driving onto the road. Never seeing the guy race out of the hotel and a clean shirt this time. Climbing into his own car and following her down the road.

She made a quick stop at Starbucks. Getting a hot chocolate and a sandwich. Racing out of the shop and jumping back into her car. She took a quick bite out of her sandwich before driving off. Keeping her left hand on the steering wheel. Driving with her right. Taking the occasional glance at the time. Shaking her head when she saw that she DEFINITELY was gonna be late now.

It was just before midday when she reached her office. Closing and locking her car. Finishing off her sandwich as she walked inside. Pressing in the code to get into her office,
“I hope you don’t mind. Your secretary let me in,” a guy shouted from the room in the back. She stopped. Confused as she dropped her bag onto the table. Keeping a hold of the hot chocolate as she walked into the back. Shouting back to him,
“No problem. I’m sorry for being so late,”
“Don’t worry about it. I haven’t been here long myself,”

She walked into the back. Into her small studio. Feeling her embarrassment flush her cheeks again. Watching as the guy turned round. Seeing Kiefer Sutherland’s million dollar smile. The guy she’d knocked and thrown his drink onto,
“I’m really sorry about what happened in the hotel mister Sutherland,” she said bashfully,
“It’s fine. don’t worry about it,”
She smiled and nodded,
“Make yourself comfortable. I just need to go and sort a few things out with my secretary. Then we’ll head down to the beach for the photo shoot.”
“Okay.”
“Okay. I’ll be a few minutes,”

He nodded. Turning round to see a chair behind him. Watching her run off into a office as he sat down. He heard a few giggles and tiny screams before Alexandra came back,
“Right. Everything’s sorted. If you’d like to follow me to my car. I’ll take you down to the beach”
wastelandinwords

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-01-03

View user profile http://wastelandinwords.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Picture Perfect

Post by kieferfan13 on Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:15 am

sounds good so far....keep them coming.. Very Happy Very Happy

kieferfan13
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-09-23

View user profile http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by jacksbint on Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:17 am

Nice to see you posting your work on here honey! Keep up the good work! Very Happy
jacksbint

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2007-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MS K S on Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:33 pm

I agree! I remember first reading this last year and was impressed with the beginning of the story! I couldn't wait to read more! I can't wait for you to continue to I can have a refresher! Smile
MS K S

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2007-11-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wastelandinwords on Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:41 pm

As they entered the car park, she took out her keys. Pressing the top button. Then the middle. The alarm was switched off. The doors unlocked. And the sunroof detached from the front of the car. Folding away into the back.
“Hope you do mind doing the interview after the shoot” she said as they reached her car.
“Not at all”
"Great. It shouldn’t take too long anyway. I know you’ve got a schedule to keep”
“Yes". She smiled and climbed inside with him. Closing the doors together. She dropped her bag into the back before starting the engine and driving out of the car park.

The breeze felt cool and refreshing. The heat still searing and rising by the minute. Kiefer took out his shades. Slipping them as they grew closer to the beach.
“What time do you have to be back on set?” she asked as they reached a red light.
“Half past two”
“Not long then. Um… maybe ten minutes at the beach. If that’s okay with you”
“You’re the photographer. Whatever suits you”
“Okay”.He smiled and looked at her. Looking at her outfit before his eyes locked on her strawberry blonde locks. Long and curled slightly.

She brought the car to a stop. Kiefer waking up out of his daydream. He looked round. Trying to remember what happened during the last few minutes before they’d arrived… he couldn’t remember. Alexandra ejected the seatbelt. Turning in her seat and reaching for her bag. Quickly climbing out of the car as Kiefer did the same. Closing the door as she locked up.

They found a small secret area of the beach. She looked round and nodded. Seeing a few rocks he could sit on. The sun far out in the distance.
“So…” Kiefer sighed.
“How about over there?”
“Sure”.She stood and watched him walk over to the rocks. Looking out at the scenery behind them. She took a few steps to her left. Kneeling down and raising the camera. Calling out for Kiefer. Taking the picture when he stopped and looked at her. Smiling and chuckling before he carried on walking over to the rocks. Climbing up onto them. Having a little look round until he turned back. Seeing Alexandra knelt down. Ready to take more photos. Like she planned, they didn’t spend long. She got plenty of photos. A few on the rocks. A few on the beach. But most of them were taken by the sea. She stood up for the next one.

“You don’t talk much do you?” Kiefer asked, kindly. Not meaning to offend her. She lowered the camera slightly but then raised it again. Taking another picture…
“Anyone behind that camera?”
“I’d rather do my job mister Sutherland”
“Just making polite conversation”.She lowered her camera. Looking at the image on the screen, “Guess it’ll do. Let’s go,” she sighed bending over to grab her bag. Slipping the camera inside. Kiefer smiled and shook his head as they headed back to her car.

The ride back to her office was just as slow and boring as the time on the beach. She left her bag in her car. Turning off the engine before telling him.
“Stay here. We can do the rest of the shoot and the interview back at my suite”.He was about to ask her what was wrong with her studio but it was obvious why when she came back. Climbing into the car, muttering.
“I need a new secretary” He stayed quiet. Just letting her mumble to herself as she got the car started again and drove away. Back to her hotel...

She walked inside. Kiefer following her in. closing the door when she shouted.
“Close the door behind you please!”. He looked round, taking a few steps forward when she came back out. A different camera in her left hand.
“Okay, this shouldn’t take too long. I’ll just take a few photos and then the interview. If that’s okay with you?”
“Yeah, sure” he replied quietly. She took off her hat and hung up on a hanger before heading into the bedroom.
“In here please mister Sutherland!” He shook his head and headed inside. Finding her sat on a chair at the end of the bed.
“Please” she said softly holding her hand out to the bed.
“Just make yourself comfortable”. He nodded and walked over to the bed. Sitting down on it. She couldn’t take her eyes off him now. He was being so kind and friendly. And here she was being a total… she couldn’t think of the word. It made her feel horrible though. His kindness touched her heart in more ways than one. He made her heart race whenever his stunning blue eyes locked onto hers. Even when she felt his gaze on her. She fought back her smile. Keeping her professional side to her. She fought down her giggle when he climbed onto the bed. Sitting at the other side. Staring straight at her. His gaze melting down the professional barriers. She quickly apologized about earlier but he simply said it was fine.
“Don’t worry about it”
“Okay… so, if you just want to make yourself comfy. I’ll just take a few pictures”. He smiled and nodded. Settling down on the bed as she got up from her chair. Walking round to another position.
“Never thought I’d invite someone up to my suite for a photo shoot” she chuckled. Kiefer smiled and laughed a little as she carried on.
“Do you mind if I take some pictures with the other camera?”
“Not at all”
“Great, thanks” She slipped the camera back into the other bag. Taking out a bigger more antique camera from the other. She got it all set up. Going back to her position before taking a few more pictures.
“That looks a little old,” Kiefer commented.
“My nana gave it to me when I was three years old. I only use it to take pictures of the more special people to me”
“Using it on the wrong guy”
“I don’t think I am”
“Really?” She smiled and placed it down gently on the table behind her. Walking over to the bed as he sat up. She smiled a little more and sat down.
“Yeah. I use it to take pictures of people closest to my heart” she whispered leaning a little closer. He smiled as they leaned in together. Their lips brushing against one another softly. They pulled back a little. Looking into each other’s eyes. Only staying fixed on each other for a split second before they closed. Meeting half way in a hungry kiss. His hand coming up to hold her neck as she eased him down onto the bed again. Their schedules no longer a worry.
wastelandinwords

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-01-03

View user profile http://wastelandinwords.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kieferfan13 on Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:05 am

wow this is gonna get good......keep them coming.

kieferfan13
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-09-23

View user profile http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by jacksbint on Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:35 pm

Amen to that! Can't wait to read more! I love this story!
jacksbint

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2007-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top