Sutherland Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

24 - Consequences

+2
kieferfan13
MS K S
6 posters

Go down

24 - Consequences Empty 24 - Consequences

Post by MS K S Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:34 pm

Very Happy I'm gonna be brave enough to post up here first. LOL!! Here is a fic that I wrote this past year. It was my second one. Let me know what you think. Very Happy
Ava sat back on her chair and looked around CTU. It was the first time in the six months since she started to work there that there was a ‘crisis’ going on. She looked up to Chloe, her supervisor, and asked her if there was anything that she could do. Chloe snapped at her, "if there is anything that needs to be done, I would have told you to do it already." She waved her off, to leave her alone. Feeling useless, she got up and walked to the break room to get herself a cup of coffee.

Coming back, she hoped that Chloe was in a better mood. Glancing at her workstation, she noticed Jack was with her. She stopped dead in her tracks. Jack made her nervous. She didn’t know if he scared her or if it was something else. Ava waited until he was done and Chloe motioned for her to get over there. Rushing over, Ava asked, “Yes Chloe.”

“Jack needs you to run a systems check. I don’t have time to do it, but I know it’s something that you can’t possibly mess up.”

“He wants me to do what?”

“What are you deaf?” Chloe motioned her to go. Ava nodded and went to the server room. She was pulling apart a panel when she heard someone approach her from the back. Freezing where she stood, she asked, “Who’s there?”

“Don’t turn around. Act natural. I know that there is a camera in here.”

“Who are you?”

“The person who is going to end your life if you don’t do exactly what I say. Turn around, slowly.”

Ava did what she was told. She turned slowly and peered into the corner where the man was standing. It was dark and all she could do was make out a figure in the shadow.

“What do you want from me?”

“You need to disconnect the satellite connection. The one CTU uses from homeland security.”

“I don’t know where that is.”

“Don’t play stupid. I know that you can do it. You are a computer tech, Ava Swan. You work for Chloe O’Brian. I’m sure she has already shown you the basics. I also know you are an ex-Secret Service agent and use to work at the Communications Center.”

Ava began to bite the inside of her mouth. She wondered if she should do what he said then somehow let someone know or if she should just act like a dummy. Finally, she replied coolly, “Okay, so I know a thing or two about computers, but she hasn’t taught me where everything is. She hasn't had the time to show me everything.” She began to walk towards him, hoping to see if she could get a better glance at him.

“Stop where you are.”

“Chloe, what’s taking so long?” Jack yelled through the phone.

“I’m sorry, Jack. I sent Ava to work it. She hasn’t done it yet?”

“No.”

“Okay, I’ll check on it for you, keep your britches on.”

Jack sighed, “No, don’t worry about it. I’ll check. I know you are loaded with other things at the moment.”

Hanging up, Chloe shook her head. Milo noticed and asked, “What’s wrong?”

“Jack has been so snappy lately.”

“You are one to talk,” Milo reacted and then quickly wished that he hadn’t stated that. “What do you expect? He’s lost everyone near and dear to him with the exception of you.”

Chloe nodded then let a quick smile, “That’s true. Thanks Milo.” She turned back to her computer.

Milo headed back to his desk when his eyes caught something on the CCTVs. He noticed that Ava was turned away from the panel that she should be working on. “Chloe, come here. Take a look at this.”

Chloe came up behind him, “what is she doing? Is there someone in there with her?” She looked and saw Jack coming down the stairs, “Jack, have you called the server room?”

Jack shook his head; “I’m heading over there right now. I want to let that new girl know how things are ran around here.”

“You need to see this.”

Jack looked at the monitor and noticed that Ava was approaching to the dark corner, “What is she doing?” Watching her walk towards the corner made him feel uneasy, “Milo, can you move the camera to see what she is looking at?” Milo shook his head, “No, Jack. If she is in there with someone, he or she knows how to avoid the camera and will spot it moving. We can’t run that risk.”

At that moment, Chloe peered to the TV that was showing the latest news, “Jack, there has been a missile attack at the Capitol Building and the Pentagon!” Jack shifted his eyes to the TV. He yelled at one of the techies, “Turn it up.” Turning back to Milo, “Go to the server room, get her out of there.”

Ava spotted the gun and stopped at her tracks. Sighing, she then asked, “what do you want?” seeing no other way than to do what that man wished.

“I already told you. Disconnect the satellite connection.”

“And I already told you, I don’t know how to do that” she honestly replied.

He raised his gun to her chest, “Then I have no use for you, do I.” Raising her arms, Ava began to step back.

“NO, no, wait!!" Ava's voice rising alittle, "Let me see what I can do.”

“Too late”

At that moment, Milo opened the door and the “man” turned his face to see who walked through. Ava took that moment to her advantage and charged him. The “man” didn’t notice her kicking her foot and kicked the gun out of his hand. When her foot landed, she twisted around and used the other foot to kick him in the stomach. Milo grabbed the gun that was dropped and pointed it to the man. “Ava! Stop it!” he screamed as she kept kicking the man. Ava stopped, then spat on him, “that’s the last time you raise a gun to me.” She then turned to Milo, “thanks, Milo.”

Milo looked at the man, “It didn’t seem like you needed my help. Who is he?”

Ava shrugged her shoulders, “I don’t know, but he wanted me to disconnect the satellite connection. The one that feeds to Homeland Security.”

Milo handed the gun to Ava and grabbed the man, “you made a mistake buddy. Let’s go to interrogation.” He looked back to Ava who began to work on the server panel. “What are you doing?”

“Jack needed this done. If I don’t get it done, he’s going to have my head!”

Milo raised an eyebrow, “I think he would understand, considering what happened.”

Ava shook her head, “No excuse. I’m almost done. I’ll be there in a moment.”

Milo took the man to security and then went to see Jack, who was on the phone with Division. Hanging up, Jack looked at Milo, “so what happened down there?”

Milo smirked, “Ava basically kicked the shit of this man. I didn’t do a thing, other than give her a window of opportunity to do so. He’s down in cell #5. You want to interrogate him?”

Jack shook his head, “Agent Morgan can do that. Where’s Ava now? Why isn’t she with you?”

“She said that you would have her head if she didn’t finish doing what you asked her to do. So I left her.”

Jack smiled, “Doesn’t look like she would be bad to have around after all. Once she is done, I want to see her.”

Milo got up, “You got it.”

Jack walked out with Milo and headed to Morris’ desk to see if there were any new intel regarding the recent attacks on the Capitol and Pentagon.
MS K S
MS K S

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

24 - Consequences Empty Re: 24 - Consequences

Post by kieferfan13 Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:44 am

Really good....Keep them coming.
kieferfan13
kieferfan13
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-09-23

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by kiefernut Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:59 pm

That is really good. I really liked it. Keep it up ^_^.
kiefernut
kiefernut
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by MS K S Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:50 am

Thanks! I was hesitating in posting, only because I'm new here. Silly, I know Laughing Here is the next update:

Ava shut the panel and walked out to her desk. She smiled to herself as she thought about her kicking that guy. Taking a deep breath, she thought, “That felt good. I haven’t done that in a long time.” She turned round the corner and noticed a group of folks centered around the huge plasma television. Wondering what was going on, she ran up to Nicole and whispered, “What’s going on?” Whispering back, “There was a hit on the Capitol Building and the Pentagon.” Stunned, Ava turned to see if she could find Chloe. Seeing her with Jack, she hesitated from going over there. Glancing behind them, she noticed Agent Zilburg and walked over to him.

Whispering to him, she asked, “I just heard what happened in D.C. What’s the game plan?” Looking down at her, Ehud whispered, “We just got a threat that there is a missile heading here and we got a possible lead from that guy that held you in the server room. Raising an eyebrow, Ava asked, “Really? What lead?”

Before he had a chance to answer, she heard Jack belting “Ava!”

Closing her eyes, she turned around, “Yes Agent Bauer.”

“Have you finished the systems check?”

“Yes.”

“Good, I want you to work with Agent Zilburg. We are heading out in 10 mins.” Jack turned to Ehud, “Have team Alpha meet up in 5.”

“Okay, Jack.”

Ava walked to her station with Ehud close behind her, “Ava, we are going to need full Comm links and satellite footage. Send links to my PDA.”

“Okay, got it.”

Ehud left Ava working on her computer. He met up with Jack and the rest of the team.

When team got closer to the warehouse, Jack called Chloe, “Chloe, anything with the satellite yet?”

“Not yet Jack. Ava is configuring data right now. I’ll get back to you.” Hanging up, she looked over to her, “Ava, what’s the status?”

“I’m almost there.” Typing a few more things, she looked back at Chloe, “I got it.”

At that moment, the warning alarm blared through out CTU. Ava looked around and saw people scrambling to the exit door. She turned back to her computer and then felt a tug. Looking up, Melissa yelled, “We have to leave NOW” Ava stood up and yelled back, “But I have to do this first.” Melissa shook her head, “The missile is locked on us. LEAVE!” Ava grabbed her keycard and ran behind Melissa out the door.

They got to the SUVs and zoomed out of there. Chloe called Jack, “It’s me, Jack. The missile is heading towards CTU. I think everyone made it out. We are heading to Division.”

“No! Don’t head over there. They already took out two-government building and us, being the third. It’s not safe going anywhere at the moment. Rendezvous with us. I’ll give you a location in about 10 minutes.”

“Okay Jack.”

Over half of CTUs personnel made it out the building. Looking out the back window, Ava counted 10 SUVs behind the one she was in. She looked up the sky and didn’t see anything but a clear day. That very instant, she saw something whizzing on top of the row of SUVs, then heard a loud explosion. She faced forward and saw people coming out of buildings wondering what the noise was.

The cell phone rang and Chloe answered, “Hello? Yes, we just saw it. Jack, all our SUVs come equipped, just incase of this, but protocol dictate that we always head to Division…I understand that. We can set up elsewhere, but…okay.” Chloe put the phone down and told Melissa to pull into the school. Going back on the phone, “Jack, we are at Cal Burke High School. Meet us here.” Melissa pulled up to the front and parked near the entrance, while the other SUVs headed to an empty lot.

Getting out of the SUV, Melissa went to the back with Nicole and they began to grab the computers. Ava followed them and asked what she should do. Melissa gave her a glare, “What do you mean? Everyone has a job assigned during a crisis situation, what’s yours?” Chloe hung up, “I haven’t assigned her anything. Her job is just to follow me.”

Turning to Ava, “I need you to stay here while I go talk to the principal.”

Ava was confused, “I thought you just told me to follow you.”

Chloe rolled her eyes, “Just do what I say, please”

Sighing, Ava nodded.

While Chloe walked in, she saw all the other techies and agents putting up a tent and setting up a temporary Comm. Center. She noticed two more SUVs pulling up and stopping by her. Jack got out and looked over at Ava. She felt herself tense up when he asked, “Where’s Chloe?”

“She went inside to speak to the principal. I guess getting permission.”

Jack nodded, “Come with me.” Ava hesitated for a moment and glanced at Ehud. He motioned for her to follow him. He went to the back of the SUV and opened the trunk. “I heard you have experience in the field.”

“Yes, Agent Bauer.”

Jack’s eyes soften abit and he looked into her eyes, “Please, call me Jack. Everyone calls me Jack.”

Ava allowed a short smile form on her lips. She could feel the tension slowly lifting from her shoulders. “Okay, Jack. Yes, I have field experience. But, honestly, I don’t think this is the time or place to talk about my resume.”

Jack was taken aback by her statement, but knew she was right. Atleast she has the experience and he could possibly use her during this situation.

Chloe came running down the stairs. “Okay, school is almost out and we are in the space that the bus uses to pick up these hoodlums. I think we will need to move soon.”

Jack shook his head. “Tell him that the kids who drove to school can leave now. The buses can use those spaces. We have priority given the current situation.” Chloe sighed and ran up the stairs again.

Ehud, Jack and Ava walked over to the Comm. Center. “Do we have any of this running yet?”

Nicole was lying on the ground, putting the cables together under the table. She yelled out to him, “Chill out Jack. I’m not done yet.”

Everyone was frantically scrambling around when Chloe finally made back to the site. Out of breath, she gasped, “Okay, we can stay here for the time being. LAPD is coming to set up a secure perimeter.” Ehud spoke to one of his teammates and had them meet with LAPD at the entrance of the parking lot. He walked over to Ava and asked, “So, what did he want?”

“Oh, just to see if it was true that I had field experience.” She looked up at him, “You told him?”

Ehud smiled, “He asked a lot of questions about you.”

“What did you tell him?”

“That we worked together while in the Secret Service.”

“And?”

“And that you helped us nail an assassinator.”

“Well, technically speaking, he was attempting to assassinate, therefore, he’s not an assassinator because he never really killed anyone.”

“Ava, that’s all semantics. Anyhow, I told him how you kicked ass while you were in the service and how you earned your 3rd degree black belt in Ta Kwan Do by age 18. He was impressed.”

Ava giggled and felt her cheeks turn red, “You could have left that part out.” She turned her serious face on, “But, you know, he seems nice, I’m just…”shaking her head.

Ehud asked, “What? I know that for some reason, he scares you. Aside from work, cause he takes it very serious, he is an outstanding guy. You should try to get to know him, outside of work.” Then he bent down and whispered, “Because he wants to get to you know better.”

Ava gave him a questionable look. She began to open her mouth when Jack’s cell began to ring and she heard him speaking to Vanessa, the director of Division.

“Yeah, we are almost set up. You can start to send files over to Chloe’s laptop...okay. LAPD is…Hello? Vanessa?” Hanging up the phone, he looked down, “Nicole, status?”

She got up from the table and pressed a couple of keys on the computer. “It’s running.”

Chloe’s cell rang, “Hello? You got to be kidding me.” She looked over at Jack, “Division just got hit with a missile.”
MS K S
MS K S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sutherland Fanclub Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:57 am

Congratulations for this argument.
Sutherland Fanclub
Sutherland Fanclub
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-09-07

http://www.myspace.com/sutherland_fanclub

Back to top Go down

Post by MS K S Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:58 pm

As those words left Chloe’s mouth, Ava shot a look to Ehud. She turned to Chloe, “What did you just say?” Ignoring her, Chloe said to Jack, “What now?” Ava grabbed the keys from Ehud’s hand and began to run the park SUV. “Oh s%^t,” Ehud muttered and ran after her. Jack looked at Chloe and began to run after Ehud, shouting, “Chloe, run point. Let everyone know what’s going on.”

Ava fumbled with the keys to try to open the truck, “Damn it.” She muttered and then felt the keys being yanked from her hands. She spun her head to see who it was. Ehud grabbed her arm and led her to the passenger side, “You aren’t going to drive in that state of mind.” He opened the door and told her, “Get in, I’ll drive you.” She nodded and hopped in. Waiting for him to get to the driver’s side, she noticed Jack approaching and began to hang her head. “Crap” she thought.

Jack walked straight up to Ehud, “What the hell is going on?” Ehud began to open the driver side door, “Ava’s brother works at Division. He is one of my best friends, Jack. We have to make sure he’s okay.” Jack nodded, “But I go with you. Get in the back, I’m driving.” Ehud handed him the keys and opened the back door. Jack started the vehicle and drove up to the crowd, “Chloe, we are heading Division. Get in touch with Homeland Security and see if they have any information. Tell Milo to bring the suspect he was transporting to Division over here. Have Jason and Brian set up an interrogation room in one of the classrooms. I want to question him when I get back.”

“Okay, Jack.”

Jack looked at Melissa and belted, “ Melissa, get in the truck.” She ran to the other side of the truck and joined Ehud in the backseat. As Jack pulled away from the parking lot, Melissa gave Ehud a questionable look and he whispered, “Eric works in Division. We have to make sure he’s okay.”

Melissa whispered back, “Who’s Eric?”

“Her brother”

Melissa nodded and watched Jack in the rearview mirror. She noticed his face turning to look at Ava then his eyes diverted back to the road. Ava felt his glance on her for a moment and then felt them move off her. She looked out the window and wondered if Eric went to work. He was suppose to take leave, but always ended up going to work. “Knowing him, he was probably there,” she thought to herself.

Jack pulled up to the mass pile of rubble and thought, “This looks like more than one missile hit it.” He looked at Ava’s expression when he put the car in park. Opening the door, he noticed she was staring out the window with a grim look in her face. “Come on, let’s go.”

Melissa looked out at the huge mess and shook her head. “If anyone survived this, it would be a miracle”

They walked up to the rubble and looked at the people who were either injured or calling out to folks. Most were crying while others had a look of despair. Ehud walked behind Ava and asked, “Doesn’t this remind you of something?” She nodded and went walking up to a person who was yelling for a couple names she heard Eric mention before.

Melissa saw Ava speaking to a man and asked Ehud, “What does this remind you of?”

Ehud whispered, “Ava and I went on a trip to the World Trade Center for a conference when the planes hit the buildings.”

Surprised, Ava nearly shrieked, “You were there on September 11?”

Nodding, he whispered, “We were walking to the building when we saw the first plane hit. The president ordered us to stay and assist with the rescue effort. Ava, Eric, and I stayed at ground zero for 3 weeks. It wasn’t fun. She had nightmares for weeks and was the reason why she was reassigned to the Communications Center. Then she was sent to London for another business trip and was on one of the underground trains that had a bomb back in ’05.”

Jack and Melissa shook their heads. Jack watched Ava talking to different folks. He decided to go and help Ava talk to the witnesses. Watching Jack walk off, Ehud continued, “Anyhow, the only reason why she decided to work at CTU was because of Eric. He finally landed a job after bouncing back and forth from different CTU offices around the country and he heard about the techie job at our place and asked if she was interested. She contacted me about the position and then put her application in and was hired within weeks.”

Melissa turned her head back to Ehud, “Is that why you came to CTU?” He nodded. Then she asked, “Were you to ever an item?”

Ehud began to cough, “Yuck, no way. I mean, she’s not bad looking, but we are more like brother and sister. I could never date my sister. Eric and I went to high school together and that’s how I got to know her. She helped me land my job with the Secret Service. But after September 11th, I had to get even so I heard about CTU forming and came here immediately afterwards.” Noticing that Jack and Ava heading back their way, they stopped talking and waited until they reached them.

Ava looked at Ehud, “It seems like he never came to work. He was on leave and no one saw him enter the building. We can’t do much else.” Jack shook his head, “Let’s hope Milo brought that guy in. I want a chance at him.” Ehud nodded, “Me too. Let’s go.” They got in the truck and drove back to the high school in silence.

As soon as they got there Chloe called for Melissa and Ava for assistance. Ehud and Jack made there way up the stairs where Milo greeted them. “Jack, the suspect is in the first room down the hall on the left. I suggest you don’t shoot him, it’s a classroom afterall.” Jack grinned, “If he doesn’t give me what I want to know, I’ll do more than just shoot. I’ll make him suffer.”

Jason and Brian were standing beside the suspect. They had moved all but two desks and placed them against the wall. The suspect in one and the med equip on the other. Jack approached him and without a second thought, punched him. “That is for holding one of my people hostage.” Ehud came next and punched him on the other side, “And that’s for” pausing for a second, then saying, “the same thing.” Jack motioned for Ehud to stand by the wall, then faced the suspect, “What’s your name?”

“Stephan”

“Stephan, what?”

“Stephan Dreschard, you sorry son of a b$%^h.”

Jack punched him again. Ehud shouted from the side, “You show some f%$king respect.”

Jack continued, “Who sent those missiles? Was the Russians? Was it the Iraqis? Who?”

Stephan shook his head, “I’m not talking.” Jack smiled and then pointed to Ehud, “See him over there, he wants answers. You took his friend hostage and he’s alittle ticked off right now.” Stephan looked over at Ehud, “Your girl packs quite a punch. Is she just as feisty in bed.” Ehud jumped up from the wall to take a fling but Jason held him back.

Stephan smirked, “I guess so.”

Jack smirked right back, “So, are you going to give me the answer I’m looking for? Or am I going to have to let him” nodding his head to Ehud, “get it for me?”

Shaking his head, Jack sighed, and faced Brian, “Give him 2cc’s” and turned back to Stephan, “I think this will make you talk.” As Brian fed the painful liquid through his vein, Stephan began to pant.

Jack waited for a moment and then motioned to Brian, “2 more.”

As he administered the liquid, Jack spoke, “This can end now. Come on, tell me.”

Stephan yelled out in pain, shaking and began to foam at the mouth.

Jack shook his head and looked at Brian, “2 more. He’s going to talk soon.”

Stephan finally broke, “No, okay. But you will never believe me if I told you.”

Jack snarled, “Try me.”
MS K S
MS K S

Back to top Go down

Post by jacksbint Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:12 am

Well I'm glad to be reading this one! Loved the opening. Straight ino the action! Love Ava's character. She can really hold her own bless her heart!
Can't wait to read more of it. Smile
jacksbint
jacksbint

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by wastelandinwords Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:37 pm

Also good to see this one here too! I confess I haven't read this one fully, but now I will.
You gotta LOVE Ava! Keep on rockin'
Nic
wastelandinwords
wastelandinwords

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-01-03

http://wastelandinwords.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MS K S Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:35 pm

Ava watched Jack and Ehud walk into the high school then turned her head to look at Chloe who asked, “So, did you find what you were looking for?”

Ava shook her head then excused herself. Walking away from the crowd, she pulled her cell phone out of her back pocket and dialed Eric’s number again. Once again, she got his voice mail. “Eric, this is your sister. I’m worried about you. Please call me when you get this, okay? Love you.” Closing the phone, she thought about who she could call that would know if Eric actually was or wasn’t there. He didn’t have a girlfriend, as far as she knew. She decided to call her father; dialing the number she heard her name being called. Turning to see who it was she saw that it was Melissa. She raised her hand to let her know that she would be a minute. “Damn it, voice mail.” She paused for his voice message to get through, then the beep, “Dad, its Ava. Call me when you get this message.” She hung up then walked towards Melissa, “What’s up?”

Her eyes were twinkling, “Chloe doesn’t have anything for us to do. Want to go watch the guys interrogate that man?” Ava looked at Chloe who was busy yelling at someone, then nodded, “Yeah, let’s go.” They hurried up the stairs and opened in time to hear the man say, “You aren’t going to believe me.”

Stephan looked up to Ava and started to smile. Noticing that he had whelps on his face, she gave him a smirk right back, glad that someone had hit him a few times. Melissa whispered to Ehud, “What’s the guy’s name?”

“Stephan.”

“Did Jack get anything out of him?”

Ehud shook his head, “He was about to say something but stopped when you two walked in.”

Jack gave them an angry look that stated to be quiet and then focused back to Stephan. “Continue. Who is responsible for all this?”

Stephan looked at Brian who was getting ready with another dose of the painful liquid, then faced Jack and snarled, “Al-quaida had formed a cell here nearly three years ago.”

Jack stood back, “Where did they get the equipment to make missiles?”

“After the fall of Saddam, they raided his bunkers and military factories. They also received assistance from Iran and Syria. They are the ones that are funding it. That’s all I know.”

“Where are they?”

“They are all over. You aren’t going to find them all in time.”

“In time for what?”

Stephan gave Jack a smirk, “They are planning to strike all government buildings in the U.S. and when they are done, they’ll hit the state offices. They have been planning this since the first bomb in the World Trade Center. If they haven’t been found now, they aren’t going to be found at all.” Then he looked at Ava, “They know where you guys are. There’s no use to hiding.” The look sent Ava nervous chills.

Jack looked at him and yelled, “FACE ME. Don’t look at her” reaching to his pocket he pulled out his cell phone, “Chloe, pull out. Gather everyone and tell them to disperse, QUICK.” He looked at Melissa, “Go to the principal and tell him to evacuate now!” Ehud, Ava, Brian, and Jason began to run out the front door. Jack chained Stephan to the desk. Then snarled, “Thanks for the warning” and began to walk out the door. Stephan yelled, “You can’t leave me here to die.” Turning quickly, Jack replied, “Sure I can,” flipped the lights off and shut the door. They heard the fire alarm go off and the few students and faculty members that were left in the building began to run out the door. They ran down the stairs and met up with Chloe.

“Jack, everyone has gathered everything. What’s going on?”

“This place is about to get hit.” At that very moment, they saw a rocket whiz above their heads. He grabbed Chloe and Ava’s arms and pulled them down to the ground. The rocket hit the school and the explosion rang through Ava’s ears.

She saw Jack’s mouth something to her, but she couldn’t hear him. Concentrating on his moving lips, trying see what words he was trying to say to her, she gave up. She looked down and saw Ehud pulling Melissa to her feet. She also looked dazed. She felt Jack’s hand grab her arm to pull her to her feet and then leading her to the SUV. Looking back, she saw Ehud getting into another truck with Melissa and Chloe. Tinnitus had set in her ears and she had a hard time listening to Jack speak. Wondering where they were going, she finally saw him pull up to a parking lot. Ehud pulled up beside him and asked Jack what was the plan. Jack yelled, “Take them back to your place. Chloe, see if you can get a hold of all agencies and warn them about what’s going on.” He took a look at his watch, “its better if we don’t gather in a public place anymore. I’ll contact you if I hear anything, you do the same. Meet at my place in 5 hours regardless of news or no news, got it?” Ehud nodded and pulled away.

Jack pulled away and began to head to the house. He heard Ava’s cell go off, but she didn’t answer it. He gently tapped her arm and mouthed, “Your phone” Stunned, she looked at it and saw that it was Eric. She opened it and shouted, “Eric?”

“Ava? Why are you shouting?”

“What?”

“WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?”

“What?”

Jack grabbed the phone from her, “Eric, its Jack. Sorry, she has a hard time hearing you after a rocket just hit a place where we were. No, we are fine. Where are you? Bahamas ? Well thank goodness for that. No, Division was hit. We aren’t sure, but it looks as though anywhere we gather, they know where we are. I’m taking her to my place. Okay, I’ll let her know. Bye.” He shut the phone, handed it back to her and yelled, “HE’S OKAY. HE’S IN THE BAHAMAS .”

Ava nodded and replied, “Thank you.” She shut her eyes and rested her head against the seat. She began to move her jaw around hoping her ears would clear then she began to rub the back to her ears to see if it would help with the ringing. Her head was killing her and the tinnitus wasn’t helping her. Jack finally pulled into his driveway and Ava opened her eyes. She didn’t know where she was but didn’t care. She just hoped that he had something in the house for her head. Jack opened the door for her and she walked in. As if he was reading her mind, he went into the kitchen, opened a cabinet door and pulled a few painkillers. Pouring her a glass of water, he saw her looking around. He walked over to her and handed her the pills and water. She yelled, “Thank you!” and he gave her a smile.

She sat on the couch and saw Jack pull a laptop out. Knowing that she wouldn’t be able to help, she sat back and rested while watching him work.

She mumbled to herself, “He’s nice. Why am I scared of him?”

Not realizing she was talking loud, Jack heard her. He glanced up and caught her staring at him. “You? You are scared of me?”

She read his lips and her eyes widen. “Did I just say that out loud?” she thought. “I’m sorry,” she replied, “But yes. You tend to intimidate a lot of people.”

Jack flashed a smile, “That’s good, I suppose.” He typed a few more things on the computer, then got up and sat next to her. He thought with all today’s stresses, it was time to have some fun. Hoping she would be up to it, he teased, “Am I intimidating you now?” Ava felt nervous, but didn’t want to show it. She honestly yelled, “Yes. But I will never show you.” Jack raised an eyebrow, “Really?” She edged back on her seat, took a deep breath and looked at him straight in the eye, “Yes.” Jack looked on the ground for a moment and wondered if he should tell her that he wanted to get to know her better. Deciding that it was now or never, he opened his mouth to begin to say something and the cell phone rang. Sighing, he got up to get it. Ava began to speculate about what he was going to say when she felt her ears starting to clear up. She could actually hear him on the phone. “Well, it’s about time.” She thought. She turned her attention to Jack on the phone.

“Chloe, calm down. Yes. Don’t worry about it. Yeah, let me talk to him.” He turned and saw Ava looking at him. Lowering his voice, “Have you found anything? No, I just started to download it. You too? What?” Jack sighed, “Okay, we will have to wait until it’s done. Call me when you get something. She’s fine. Think so, huh? I will see how it goes. Oh, by the way, before I forget, Eric called. Yeah, he’s in the Bahamas. Okay, see you in 5 hours. Bye.” Hanging up, he walked back to his laptop. Ava stared at him until he sat down, then looked at the ground, “Has Chloe assigned me to do anything?” Typing something on the laptop, Jack shook his head. Slightly closing it, he leaned back on the chair. “Okay, we can’t do anything until I finish downloading the software. I see you are getting your hearing back, so let’s talk. Why are you scared of me?”

Biting the inside of her lips, she thought for a moment. “It’s not that I’m scared, more intimating than anything else. I mean, look at your impressive work background. You can seriously kick some butt.”

Jack laughed, “Well, from what I heard, you aren’t too bad yourself.”

Ava smiled, “Well, it’s something my dad enforced to Eric and me. My father vowed that we kids learn how to defend ourselves at a very young age.”

Edging closer to her, he asked, “Did your dad ever teach you to defend yourself from this?” He leaned in and gently gave her a kiss. She could feel herself yearning for more, but he pulled away. As if he didn’t want to overstep his boundry. The second he pulled away; she opened her eyes. Ava felt a smile form on her lips and she moved her hand to trace it them. Looking away from him, Jack thought he could sense shyness coming from her. “Did I offend you?”

Shaking her head, she then turned and looked at him, “I just realized at this very moment knew why I was intimidated by you.”

He took his hand and brushed the hair from her eyes away. “Okay, tell me.”

“Because, you are the type of man who I could easily fall for and…” she paused for a second, “that scares the shit out of me.”

He nodded, “So I was told.”

Her eyes darted to him and his own eyes widen as though he shouldn’t have said that.

“What do you mean?” she asked.

To avoid answering, he leaned in, cupped her face with one hand and this time kissed her deeply. Ava felt the intent behind it and decided to see where it would go. She moved closer to him and felt his hands hold her waist. Breaking for a moment, she thought she heard the phone ring. Jack ignored it and began to kiss down her neck. She gasped, “Shouldn’t you get that?” not really caring if he did or didn’t. Ava felt Goosebumps form on her arm as he moved his lips to her ear to nuzzle it. Then, he stopped and muttered, “Damn it.” He got up and raced to the phone, “What? Slow down, Milo.” He hung his head and then looked at Ava, “Good. No, no, that’s good. Okay, call Ehud and tell him to meet me here as soon as possible. Bye.”

Ava stood up and located a mirror in the hallway. She looked through it and made sure that Ehud wouldn’t suspect a thing. Rolling her eyes at the thought of what he might say, she just thought it would be better not to let him start with her. Jack walked to her and saw her through the mirror, “Are we okay?”

She smiled and nodded. Staring into his blue/green eyes through the mirror, she sighed. How would she manage to get through the rest of the day? She turned and gazed into his eyes. “I think it’s best that you don’t tell your partner what happened.”

Jack shrugged his shoulders, “Okay, if that's what you want. But I would like to talk to you about this.” They heard a knock at the door and Jack went to answer it. Milo came in talking a mile a minute. Ava shook her head, “Milo, please slow down, what’s wrong?”

Milo took a deep breath, “They took out Homeland Security, L.A. Air Base, one of the Marine bases, and now had begun to target L.A.P.D. substations. But, one of the advisors in Homeland Security was able to send this to me before they got hit.” He waved a CD in the air. “It the location of where these missiles are being launched from.”
MS K S
MS K S

Back to top Go down

Post by jacksbint Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:41 am

Phew *mopes brow* glad Eric is safe in the Bahamas. And they got out just in the nick of time from the sounds of things!
*wipes brow again*
Couldn't beleive the extent of their plans! And that kiss between Jack and Ava! Hot stuff there!!!!
Looking forward to reading more honey Very Happy
jacksbint
jacksbint

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kieferfan13 Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:04 am

Jackbint took the words right out of my moth. Cant wait for more.
kieferfan13
kieferfan13
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-09-23

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down